To have an opportunity to step back in time and live in castles like kings and queens is a fairy tale dream for many of us. However, it may not be possible to enjoy life in a real castle all the time. So we thought, why not bring castle-like bedroom décor to your home?
As we explore some of the prettiest castles in the British Isles, let’s see how we can recreate the magic of a dreamy castle bedroom simply by using Royal Design Studio Stencils, Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan and Royal Stencil Crèmes.
Regal Amberley Castle
Amberley Castle is a privately owned, 900-year-old stone landmark that features medieval architecture. Rich fabrics and a scattering of antiques in each of its elegant guest rooms gives the palace its regal vibe.
We fell in love with this pretty headboard found in one of the castle’s many gorgeous guest rooms. Wondering how you can recreate the royal look of this headboard?
1. Try Thistle Border Stencil thatresonates closely with this pattern. Since, it is a border stencil, you can easily manipulate its placement on your headboard to make it look similar to the image above.
2. Play with various shades of Chalk Paint® colors by Annie Sloan Olive like, Primer Red, Aubusson Blue and Barcelona Orange to get the desired look. Consider outlining specific sections of your stencil pattern by hand using complementing Chalk Paint® colors.
Affluent Ashford Castle
Set against a backdrop of forests, mountains, and the beautiful lake Lough Corrib, Ashford Castle is a 700 year old palatial property! Its rooms exude luxury through allover richly patterned walls, curtains, furnishings and carpets.
Stencil patterns don’t always have to be bright and loud. Notice how the soft white floral pattern on the yellow walls gives this room its tasteful character. Recreate the look with:
- Royal Design Studio’s Bellflower Floral and Vine Stencil – a beautiful floral stencil pattern that will add a serene, romantic character to your bedroom.
- Use Pure White Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan to get a uniform matte finish or if you like the look of a mild, sophisticated shimmer, try the Pearl Oyster Stencil Crème by Royal Design Studio.
Charming Dromoland Castle
Dromoland Castle guests are surrounded by splendid woodcarvings and stone statuary, hand-carved panelling, brilliant oil paintings, romantic gardens and fine antique furnishings that retain the old world charm. Each of Dromoland’s fabulously appointed guest rooms have been individually designed to seamlessly blend the magic of the past with the comfort of modern times.
All the colors in this bedroom pop through its brilliant use of fabrics while keeping the walls lightly patterned and neutral in color. Get the look of these walls with:
- Royal Design Studio’s Buzz Allover Bee Stencil. This classic Napoleonic Bee motif repeat pattern is sure to give your room a whimsical, French look!
- When stenciled with Antique Gold Stencil Creme, this neutral wall will come to life and buzz with bee-uty!
Dreamy Inverlochy Castle
Surrounded by luscious evergreen trees, misty mountains and the sparkling blue of a private lake, the dreamy 19th century Inverlochy castle sets itself amidst nature. Each of the hotel’s luxurious bedrooms has a unique character emphasized by use of affluent fabrics and rich textures.
Notice how a sophisticated pattern on a light colored wall complements the overall regal décor of this room. Love the wall pattern?
- Try a delicate allover trellis stencil such as the Raj Trellis Indian Wall Stencil on light colored walls to get the look of this bedroom.
- Make it royal by using the Bronze Age Stencil Creme.
Rich fabrics mixed with lightly patterned, neutral color walls are the key to recreating the look of a regal bedroom in any home. And you can easily recreate this look with beautiful stencil patterns, stencil crèmes and Chalk Paint available with Royal Design Studio.